eVow, the new dating site from the man behind PlentyOfFish has finished its free trial period and is now charging subscription costs to communicate with matches. The site is still free to register and complete a basic search.
More specifically, subscription costs are required for access to the following services:
- Sending / receiving messages.
- Using advanced search features.
- Access to ‘Matches’, ‘Viewed Me’, and ‘Who I Viewed’ areas.
Latest eVow costs – updated September 2011:
(NB. Subscription prices are charged in USD)
- 6-month membership cost: $119.94.
- This is equivalent to $19.99 per month.
- 3-month membership cost: $80.97.
- This is equivalent to $26.99 per month.
- Monthly membership cost: $39.99 per month.
- This is billed monthly.
eVow accepts the following forms of payment: Visa, Mastercard, and American Express.
Little has changed since our first eVow review, other than the new ‘meet me’ feature and a new home page layout. Customer support is still by email only. It’s sink or swim time for eVow as it tries to attract new members that are not already members of PlentyOfFish, where the majority of members initially came from during the free trial period.